Friday, October 29, 2010

Extra Credit

I went to the Symposium for PR on October 28th at 3pm and the speaker was talking about the relevance of PR in today's economy and how to get involved. Although I am not a PR major, I found myself interested in what was being said. Being able to work with a diverse amount of clients on a daily basis. He also talked about how Public Relations have changed throughout the year and has become more of an industry than just a simple business relationship. He mentioned how PR works with many other departments so having a little bit of background in everything can only be beneficial to someone's career. Some students asked questions regarding his experience, but I only heard a little since the two girls in front of me were talking about what "trash" her ex-boyfriend is. All and all, the talk lasted about an hour and I can definitely say I learned something. I have always thought PR was kind of a boring career, but now I see that it is exciting and even though I am pursuing Journalism, it could only help my social skills with other people if I learned some PR techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment